Monday, March 10, 2014

Why I Prefer Facebook Over Twitter

There has been a lot of news buzz lately about Twitter and how Facebook is on its way out and what not. I don't think so. I'm not exactly sure where all this is all coming from. I tweet. It's fun. I mainly use it for marketing purposes. I own a company and my tweets are representing my brand. It's very important to utilize twitter for business purposes. I admit, twitter can be very entertaining at times. Other times, I sign onto Twitter, read some of the ridiculous trending hashtags and wonder what the hell is wrong with the world. I like to follow the trends and I enjoy reading tweets about tv shows and other fun topics. I also like to see what's trending because again, I feel it's important for business. On a personal level though.. I'm not so sure. While I won't argue that twitter can be a great source for discovering news, often before many other mediums, I don't need to look on my dashboard and see things like  #savebieber #swagyolobitches #LiesToldByFemales #ragemyfaceoff. Yeah, all these things might be trending at the same time as a some serious news story and it all just seems a little weird.

Social networks are for socializing but the truth is, a lot of my friends are not even on Twitter. My friends that are on twitter, don't even usually find my tweets unless they happen to be on the same time as me. It works pretty much the same when it comes to me finding their tweets. The feed can get extremely cluttered by spam and all kinds of things I have no interest in. I don't have this problem on facebook. If I post something important on Facebook, most of my close friends are going to see it and respond to it. But on Twitter, I will get maybe one interaction or response for every 10 tweets. That to me seems like a whole bunch of people tweeting and not many people listening. There are also other features on facebook like photo albums, tagging photos, etc. You can tag someone in a twitter post, but not on a twitter photo...but in order for other people to notice your photo, you would have to tag them as well. This makes my efforts seem like they are not really worth my effort on a personal level. As I mentioned, I think it's important for business branding, but other than that, I don't think I would be tweeting very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment